Ever since I can remember, pesto has been one of my favorite sauces. A simple teaspoon of pesto spices up any dish! Since we are dairy-free, we haven't had pesto in forever! So, we sat down the other day and created a quick and easy gluten and dairy-free basil pesto recipe that is delicious!
- 2 cups of fresh basil without stems
- 4 tablespoons of walnuts
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- pinch of ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons of Follow your Heart Dairy Free Cheese Parmesan Style or nutritional yeast
A food processor or blender is also needed.
1. Add the basil, walnuts, fresh lemon juice, garlic cloves, olive oil, pepper, and cheese alternative to the food processor and blend until a paste forms.
2. If you desire a more consistent and smooth paste, add more olive oil until desired consistency.
3. Transfer the pesto into small dipping bowl for storage!