Spring Break Guide #3 - Fort Lauderdale
Ok, this is definitely one of our absolute favorite places!! What is not to love? Beautiful beaches, amazing food and incredible sunsets!
Lucky for us we have family in Fort Lauderdale so we are constantly visiting!! Here is a list of our fav things to do in this beach city.
Greek Islands Taverna- Amazing Greek food and the environment of the restaurant is lively and fun!! It is a really popular and well known greek restaurant in Fort Lauderdale and celebrities come here regularly including the Steelers, Adam Sandler and others!! Check out their Instagram: @greekislandstaverna
Ocean 2000- This restaurant is located in the Pelican Grand Beach Resort and has a FANTASTIC VIEW! It a great for any meal because it is literally on the beach and the service is great!! We recommend the Organic Grains and Greens salad for lunch, it is amazing! And for dessert we love the coconut gelato!
Fresh First - Fresh First is a super healthy, quick and easy cafe! It is 100% Gluten free and 100% delicious ;)
Coccadotts Cake Shop - This bakery is famous around the country for its delicious cupcakes and has won The Food Network's Cupcake Wars! A must stop!!
Menchie's Frozen Yogurt - Menchie's is not your average yogurt shop! It has tons of flavors that are very unique and tons of toppings! Great for a late night food cravings.
• Visit the Beach!!- The Fort Lauderdale beach is truly amazing!! It is a gorgeous light blue color and is so calm and peaceful. During the summer is a great place to visit Fort Lauderdale especially since all the snow birds from the north fill this beach during the winter.
• Las Olas- Las Olas is a great shopping center filled with boutiques, stores, and restaurants. Plus, the streets are absolutely stunning!!
• Visit Whitehall Mansion - used to be a functioning mansion in the 1900s and now is a beautiful museum! The grounds are lovely
• Take a short car ride up to Palm Beach and shop on Worth Avenue. The best stores and it is so pretty
• Shop at Mizner Park in Boca Raton
• Our favorite hotel in Fort Lauderdale is The Pelican Grand Beach Resort since every room has a gorgeous ocean view!! The hotel is located on the beach. The beach is very private and relaxing. The pools are also spectacular! They have a large pool and a long lazy river to float on. We definitely recommend staying here while visiting Fort Lauderdale.