Austin, Texas has some of the best restaurants with so many different options. However, some of the best, healthy restaurants are Austin's best kept secret. Here is our list of our favorite health conscious restaurants in Austin that have gluten free/ dairy free/ vegan/ organic/ paleo options.
Check it out below!
- 100% plant based and vegan restaurant. All types of food from vegan omelettes to vegan burgers and bacon. Many gluten free options. Our favorite order: Groovy Green Kombucha, Yuca Fries, Pecan Pesto Noodles, and the Chocolate Avocado Mousse for dessert. We also love the vegan burgers wrapped in lettuce with vegan cheese.
- 100% gluten, corn, soy, and peanut free. Vegan and dairy free options! Everybody loves the food! Not to mention their famous coffee, it is a must have! Our favorite order: Avocado Toast with a Poached Egg and Vanilla Latte with Coconut milk and collagen (dairy free version, light maple syrup, iced or hot). The pancakes also look delicious and we have been dying to try them.
3. Elle's Cafe
- 100% gluten free cafe with various dairy free, vegan and paleo options. Absolutely delicious! The portions are perfect not to much, not to little! You will leave feeling satisfied and pleased! Not to mention, the coffee and tea options are incredible! Elle's is open for breakfast, lunch and on Sunday's for brunch! Our favorite order for breakfast: paleo pancakes and latte (obvi)! Our favorite order for lunch: avocado toast with kombucha!
4. Flower Child
- Delicious casual restaurant with vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, and organic options. Two locations in Austin: Domain and Downtown. Our favorite dish: Organic Kale salad with salmon and no cheese. The kombucha is on tap and delicious.
- The best salad restaurant in Austin! You can add protein to any salad. All the salads are also delicious and will turn you into a salad addict, even if you do not like salads!! Located in South Congress. Our favorite salad: The Beet Goes On with Seared Tuna Steak and no cheese.
6. Galaxy Cafe
- One of Austin's best kept secrets! Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Has options for everyone including gluten free, dairy free, vegan, and vegetarian. We live it this place, seriously! An added plus: Galaxy Cafe carries Siete Tortillas, gluten, dairy, and corn free tortillas. Our favorite lunch here: Roasted Veggie Bowl sub rice for medallion sweet potato slices and Gluten Free Chicken Chipotle wrap (no cheese and chipotle mayo). Our favorite breakfast: Gluten Free Breakfast taco with veggies and almond milk latte.
Let us know which is your favorite!