While vacationing in Pebble Beach we go to a fantastic restaurant in the Lodge, called The Bench. First of all the restaurant has a fantastic view of the 18th hole of Pebble Beach and a breathtaking view of Stillwater Cove. Our favorite dish is the margherita flatbread. It is SOOO good, so it inspired us to create our own!!! 😋😋😋
On the right, is our pizza/ flatbread inspiration. It is delicious. In Pebble Beach, it is very cold (we are in PB right now and today was 57ºF!!!) so each table has a fire pit built into it! When the flatbread gets cold, we just put it over the fire and heat it up. We LOVE it. The one in the pic is made with gluten free dough, parmesan, tomato sauce, and basil.
Below, is our homemade flatbread. It is made with, pre-made pizza dough or pita, tomato, buffalo mozzarella, basil, and balsamic vinaigrette. The recipe is below:)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Take the pre made pizza base (we used gluten free) and cut it into 4 or 6 slices
3.Put a slice of tomato on each piece of bread
4. On top of the tomato, put a slice of buffalo mozzarella
5. Now, chop the basil into small pieces, and sprinkle them over the flatbread.
6. Drizzle the balsamic vinaigrette over the entire flatbread
7. Place your flatbread in the oven for about 10 minutes
8. Take out and ENJOY!!!